These days so many people are ordering food through various delivery services, including Uber Eats. One of the choices that you have to make while you are placing your order is how you are going to pay and that includes giving cash. There is a lot that you are going to want to know about paying the delivery representative in cash, including what the benefits are, if you can, and much more, so keep reading on.
Can You Pay COD?
If you are wondering if you can pay for your food using cash or COD, then the simple answer is going to be yes. You might be confused about how this can happen, especially if you would be paying the delivery representative when he arrives with the food. However, the representative would carry money with them, which can be from earlier orders that they would use to pay for the food.
Recommended: Does Lyft Accept Cash Payment?
They would be reimbursed with the money that you are giving them, which means that you are just paying for the food after the fact. This is one of the easiest ways to pay for the food and you need to ensure that you have the money ready.
How to Pay in Cash for Uber Eats
You need to know what the steps are for you to be able to pay in cash and what some of the stipulations might be. These include:
- Placing the order for the food you want from the restaurant
- Use any available discount codes to save money
- Choose COD or the cash on delivery option when you are checking out
- Have the money on hand when the food arrives
You should make sure that you have the money out and handy for when the representative arrives at your home so that you aren’t making them wait longer. This is important since they are going to want to get on to their next delivery and you should try to have exact change when you are ordering this way.
Benefits of Paying in Cash
Another thing that you need to think about is what are the benefits that you would get when you are paying in cash for your food delivery. Some of the top advantages of knowing about includes:
- Getting change – If you have a large note, then you would be able to get the change if the representative has it. If you are going to try this, then you should call them up in advance and ask them if they would have the required change.
- No bank – You also don’t have to worry about going through the bank, which means waiting for an OTP. This can be problematic, especially if the servers are having issues and you don’t need to worry about a thing.
- No refunds – Also, if you were to use your bank you won’t have to wait for a refund from the company and the bank. This means that you can simply pay the representative in cash without having to block some of your money in the bank while you are waiting for the refund.
- Easy – This is also going to make it very easy for you to order and you can do it at any time. Just ensure that you are choosing the right option when it comes to the payment and ensure that you have the cashout and ready to give to the delivery person.
- Fast – If you don’t want to deal with or wait for the banks or other applications to go through, then you can use cash. This would make the entire thing faster since you just need to count out the amount while the food is being prepared and it would be delivered and handed to you once you give them the cash.
- Send to others – Another advantage that you can enjoy when you are ordering this way is being able to order food for others. This means that if you choose cash they can pay for the food themselves without you being responsible for it, which can be done anywhere.
Make sure that you are considering whether or not this is the best way to go for your needs and if you want to pay with cash or through another method. These are just some of the top benefits that would make it the easiest way to go, especially if you don’t have access to net banking or if you don’t want to deal with the banks.
Reasons to Use Cash to Pay for your Uber Eats
You also might be thinking when should I be using cash to pay for my food order? There will be plenty of times when this might be required, including:
- No access to internet banking or credit cards
- Limited or slow internet speed
- Ordering for someone else in a different location
- Avoiding interest on credit cards
- No interest in dealing with or waiting for OTP delivery
- Easy and quick delivery of the food
- Ability to tip the delivery representative if you want
- Get rid of any extra cash you might have
- Getting required change
These are just a few of the top reasons that you might want to use cash when you are ordering food or other items through an application or through Uber Eats. The more you know about why this is often done, then the easier it would be for you to decide if this is the way to go or not.
Make sure that you are thinking about how you want to pay for the order you have placed through Uber Eats. The best way to ensure that you are getting your food is by using cash on delivery, which means that you can just hand the delivery representative cash when they come rather than using your internet banking or credit cards.
Think about this if you are hoping to make the process easier and if you don’t want to deal with OTPs or even with a slow internet connection.
See also: Does McDonald’s Give Out Paychecks Weekly
Incurable internet enthusiast. Pop culture fanatic. Falls down a lot. Tv advocate.